The Versova Bandra Sea Link Project (VBSLP) comprises construction of a sea link bridge along the West coast of Mumbai from Bandra (on South side) at Bandra-Worli Sea Link (BWSL) to Versova at Nana Nani Park (on North side) with intermediate connectors at Juhu Koliwada and Otter’s Club and tolling facilities.
VBSL Project Feature:-
The approved alignment for the VBSL Project is proposed approximately 900 m away from coast.
Special Design Features :
- Fast-moving vehicles with controlled access, zero signal system.
- Conceived as aesthetically pleasing.
- Developed as an “intelligent bridge”. With the state-of-the art technology for traffic monitoring surveillance, information, guidance and emergency support, etc.
- Incorporating Environment friendly sustainable development strategy.
Componets of VBSL Project:-
- Main Sea Link Bridge: 9.60 km in length & 4 + 4 lanes; Toll Plaza -12 + 12 lanes.
- Bandra Connector: 1.17 km in length (2 + 2 lanes).
- Carter Road Connector: 1.80 km in length (3+3 lanes) with a 9+9 lane Toll Plaza.
- Juhu Koliwada Connector: 2.80 km in length (2+2 lanes) with a 6+6 lane Toll Plaza.
Versova Connector: 1.80 km in length (3+3 lanes) with a 9+9 lane Toll Plaza.
NAVIGATION CHANNELS: FOUR
- One Cable-Stayed Bridge: Comprising of Central-Navigational Span of 150m + Back Span of 75 m on either side.
- Three Balanced Cantilever Bridges: Comprising of Central-Navigational Span 100m + Back Span of 75 m on either side.